cvsweb procmail filter

Eirik Nygaard eirikn at kerneled.com
Sun Nov 2 02:37:02 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:25:29AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :I have modified the script that was made for FreeBSD so a link to each of
> :the modified filen in a commit mail will be added to the bottom of the
> :mail. Just in case someone else would like it I have attached it to this
> :mail.
> :
> :--
> :Eirik Nygaard
> :eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>     Actually what I'd really like to do is integrate URL generation into
>     the commit message as well as also append the patch set directly to
>     the commit message, so everything is in one convenient place.
>
>     This would require modifying CVSROOT/log_accum.pl.  I don't think it
>     would be too hard to do, but a perl expert could do it faster then
>     I could :-)
>
> 						-Matt

I have made a patch that adds the cvsweb links to the commit mail. It also
fixes the check to see that it is actually the correct computer that does
the commit. So it won't send out a mail to the commits@ mailing list if you
accidentally commit something to your own repo. It also make log_accum.pl
use some of the variables in cfg.pm. So you should take a look at
cfg_local.pm and check if $MAILCMD is set correctly.

Patch: http://eirikn.kerneled.com/dragonfly/CVSROOT-fixups.diff

--
Eirik Nygaard
eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx