cvsweb procmail filter

Jon Parise jon at indelible.org
Sat Nov 1 11:38:39 PST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 10:25:29AM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :I have modified the script that was made for FreeBSD so a link to each of
> :the modified filen in a commit mail will be added to the bottom of the
> :mail. Just in case someone else would like it I have attached it to this
> :mail.
>
>     Actually what I'd really like to do is integrate URL generation into
>     the commit message as well as also append the patch set directly to
>     the commit message, so everything is in one convenient place.
>
>     This would require modifying CVSROOT/log_accum.pl.  I don't think it
>     would be too hard to do, but a perl expert could do it faster then
>     I could :-)

Adding a set of 'cvsweb' links is trivial, especially when the
majority of the Perl code to do so is already in the DragonFly
repository (see $MAIL_TRANSFORM):

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/cfg.pm?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I've been running a modified version of that code for a few years, and
it works just fine.

There looks to be support for appending the diffs to the outgoing
message, too, but I've never tried enabling that functionality myself.

--
Jon Parise (jon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  ::  "Scientia est Potentia"