mbuf huge macro nuking

Hiten Pandya hmp at nxad.com
Sun Jul 27 20:45:16 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I'll get to the diff this weekend, before I really go heavy into the DEV
    work.
    I've said this before but I am all for cosmetic changes which make the
    code more understandable.  It's actually a nice break for me to review
    and commit things like that.  In that light I would accept an M_ name
    changing patch and would suggest that the mbuf code's M_ flags be changed
    rather then the malloc code's M_ flags.  I would also accept patches
    which remove the 'register' keyword, and the __P() junk.
    It is my position that code trees have diverged so much (even just between
    FreeBSD-4 and FreeBSD-5) that cosmetic changes will not make backporting
    any more or less difficult.  We should attempt to ensure that backported
    code doesn't accidently compile the wrong constants in (i.e. I would rather
    the compiler generated an error for the incompatibilities so we know what
    to fix), but that's pretty much the only issue I have.
	Right.  I am all for it.  I am currently bringing in updates
	step by step.  The main thing is to get the basic stuff in like
	DDB changes, and various changes in kern/ that apply to 4.x but
	were never MFCed.
		-- Hiten