rcrun: savecore and swap1 patch

Peter Kadau peter.kadau at tuebingen.mpg.de
Sun Dec 14 13:41:48 PST 2003

Hi !

    Committed with minor changes... your df_swap1_start() routine
    was broken.  It needed to backtick the sysctl command and use
    SYSCTL_N rather then SYSCTL, and the conditional was reversed.
This was an uninformed check on my side.
I wanted to check whether swapon was already done and
avoid redoing it because then you'll get RC_FAILED !
I'm sorry, but the code you checked in doesn't solve the problem
at hand either. Try sshd again...
What we need here are special provisions for idempotent operations
like swapon et al.
Maybe swap1 should check for the varsym on its own.
Any other idea ?
Cheers
Peter
--
<peter.kadau at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Campus der Max-Planck-Institute Tübingen