ACPI from FreeBSD-STABLE

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Aug 31 08:29:16 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Consider the mess that -stable is in right now with the PAE patches
    still apparently crashing systems.
    ACPI is too critical for us to track -stable with until it has
    stabilized in -stable (or -current).  I am not at all reassured
    by the current state of affairs in -stable.

    So I would say we should wait at least a few months, though I am not
    against trying to identify why the original poster's particular system
    doesn't boot and trying to fix that one thing.
	Well, as I suggested earlier on, we could create a section on
	the web site where we track patchsets like ACPI and PAE.
	Atleast that way, various people can test out their patches and
	comment on their overall experience with it.  Depending on how
	stable the patch has been after some time, we would then commit
	it into DragonFly... what do you think of this idea?
	Thanks.

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx