syscall copy{in,out} separation

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Aug 24 14:43:29 PDT 2003

:Strangely enough, I couldn't get the old patch to crash the system using
:tcp6.  Oh well...
:
:Here's a new patch that uses dynamic allocation and cleans up the end
:of accept1().  I tested it with a tcp daytime client based on an example
:from W. Richard Steven's UNIX Network Programming book just to make sure
:that nothing was blatantly wrong.
:
:http://gomerbud.com/daver/patches/dragonfly/syscall-separation-1a.diff
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx

    It looks very good!  I went over it and made a few minor additions,
    primarily pre-NULLing out the sockaddr pointer.  I've just committed
    it now.

    The next step is to see if these changes allow you to rip out the
    COMPAT_43 junk (and the stackgap junk, if applicable), in the linux
    emulation code that calls these three routines