release building failure

Robert Garrett rg70 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 22 13:52:13 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     I think Jeff brought up the NULL vs NODEV issue.  I'm sure there are
>     issues in the tree but also that they are going to be fairly easy to
>     fix.  If you can come up with a DDB>  back trace from the panics I'll
>     bet the problems can be fixed fairly quickly.
>
> -Matt
> Matthew Dillon
> <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

coming up shortly, I've reduced this to the problem area, and can now
cause the panic easily, I've got a test box on remote console but for
some reason NFS is perty slow.

what I have at this moment is..
relevent chunk from nm -v /kernel

c01567e4 T dev_dname
c0156814 T dev_dflags
c0156848 T dev_dmaj
c015687c T dev_dport
c01568d8 T compile_devsw

udev2dev: attempt to lookup block dev(69378)
udev2dev: attempt to lookup block dev(3842)vnstrategy(0xcc5a3f6c): unit 1
vnstrategy(0xcc5a3f6c): unit 1

fault virtual address     = 0x2c
fault code                = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer       = 0x8:0xc0156885
stack pointer             = 0x10:0xdb2e4aa0
frame pointer             = 0x10:0xdb2e4aac
code segment              = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                          = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags          = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL

The trace on my workstation ends at dev_dport btw.
DDB trace coming soon ..

Rob