Make usr.bin compile with gcc 3.3

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 5 22:29:42 PDT 2003

-On [20030806 05:32], Craig Dooley (cd5697 at xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Heres a patch to make usr.bin compile cleanly with gcc 3.3.  My eventual goal
>is to get buildworld working, but I think a lot of stuff in contrib will have
>to be updated.  One problem is gcc 3.3 cant compile gcc 2.95 :(  I have much
>of usr.sbin working also, and hopefully tomorrow can get that out.

I've seen the same code do:

do not compile under 2.95.2
do not compile under 2.95.3
compile under gcc 2.95.4
do not compile under gcc 3.1
do compile under gcc 3.2
do not compile under gcc 3.3

So, personally, I am sceptical about just forcing code to compile with
gcc version X.
No ill feeligns towards the GCC guys, they have different goals than
what I have in my mind when it comes to compilers.

I'll check it towards the current compiler in the base.

One of my personal goals is to make the codebase compilable with a bunch
of compilers.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B