Make usr.bin compile with gcc 3.3

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Aug 6 11:29:54 PDT 2003

:Perhaps, I ought to make myself a bit clearer, I am not going to do
:anything to interfere with kernel development at this time. If we
:can make parts of the tree more gcc 3.3 friendly, without breaking
:anything that moves us to an eventual goal. However at this point
:that goal is fairly far in the future.
:
:Robert Garrett

    It's a good cleanup anyway.  The original code, with all of its
    embedded newlines, was a serious mess.

    Another solution would be to use ANSI string concactenation, e.g.:

	"blah blah blah\n"
	"blah blah blah\n"

	(note: no commas).

    Which is what a more direct translation of the original code would
    result in.