NOSECURE removal

Hiten Pandya hmp at nxad.com
Sun Aug 3 16:16:35 PDT 2003

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
-On [20030803 18:47], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

  Yah, FreeBSD has done a lot of cleanup here and there,
  probably half of the cleanup work I've done, such as the
  ucred cleanup, has already been done in 5.x.  I wish I could
  have used 5.x as a base but undoing the mutexes would have been
  impossible and we needed a more stable base to work from.

Nah, that's ok.  4-STABLE is preferred in my opinon.  Any work which is
interesting and which is in CURRENT can be pulled and synched.
Yes, we very much prefer 4-STABLE.  Also, even though sometimes it feels
like we are repeating the wheel in bug-fixing and functionality, it is
much better to do that, because it lets us gets things done the right
way and opens us up for new ideas.

  If you think you are going to be doing more work like this
  on DragonFly would you like a commit bit?

I'd be honoured. :)

I got more stuff lined up.  After this NOSECURE I can test my kerberosIV
removal patches.
Cool! 8-) 8-)

I and Jeroen were planning on doing a lot of cleanup work.  Up to the
coming December or so, I am going to focus mostly on backporting ideal
functionality from the three BSDs and Linux; and also bring in bug fixes.

Another thing lined up, and I think also Jeroen is interested in, is
doign a KAME sync the Right Way(tm).  If you see the way the KAME code
has been integ'ed in FreeBSD, it is butt-ugly (no offense).  This will
be a big project to work on, but once it has been achieved, doing syncs
with KAME will become WAY easier.

Cheers.

--
Hiten M. Pandya