Hypervisor for DragonFly/x86_64 - Code Bounty

Kamil Rytarowski kamil at moritz.systems
Wed Aug 19 09:50:14 PDT 2020

Hi Aaron,

DragonFly BSD 5.8.1 with multiple VCPUs is known to work under
NetBSD/amd64 9.99.70 with NVMM + qemu. It should work under
NVMM/DragonFly.

AMD SVM is an easier target for us. Intel could come next, but it's a
higher risk to pledge it. Please stay tuned for the porting status.

NVMM v1 has chances of being merged into qemu 5.2 and downstream
patching issues will go away quickly. Temporarily our approach is to
rely on pkgsrc and defer the DPorts backporting to the community.

Best regards,

Kamil Rytarowski
CTO, Moritz Systems
www.moritz.systems