firmware discussion

Jan Sucan sucanjan at fit.cvut.cz
Thu May 11 12:56:07 PDT 2017

Hello Vasily,

I would like to put the code for a review after it is much closer to
some production quality (said by a kernel newbie :-) ). The purpose of
the code I mentioned is for me to get my hands on DragonFly BSD kernel
for the first time. And there are some things which I don/'/t know how
to do correctly yet, but probably it will be better to discuss these on IRC.

I used fp_open() and friends as Matthew Dillon suggested back then in
the original "firmware discussion" (see the Kernel Archives from March
to May 2010).

I think that bootloader doesn/'/t need to be involved. Also the device
driver code doesn/'/t need to be changed.

Best regards
Jan

PS: Vasily, I forgot to CC the mailing list ...