Trouble with waitpid and Rust

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon Jul 10 07:03:22 PDT 2017

On 07/10/17 15:40, Michael Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port some Rust libraries to DragonFly, specifically the
> [nix] crate to access UN*X APIs from Rust.

I think it's related to the problems that can occur when fork()ing a
multi-threaded program, as described here:

	http://www.linuxprogrammingblog.com/threads-and-fork-think-twice-before-using-them

Furthermore, I think this is similar to the "cargo" issue I am seeing,
when running multi-threaded (it is forking and execve "rustc" and
probably doing something in between... sometimes it hangs).

Regards,

  Michael