No subject

Thu May 5 13:23:34 PDT 2016

We are pleased to announce that we have chosen a new file system to
use in SkyOS, and it will be available in SkyOS 5.0. The file system
that we have chosen to use is the OpenBFS, made available under the
MIT license by the OpenBeOS project. We have chosen this excellent

It's interesting, though I'd say, having used BeOS and therefore BFS for
a few years, you'd want to pick this filesystem clone because of the
attribute support, not because of journaling.  File attributes was
really neat, and gave the filesystem database-like capabilities, but
it's not something that will mesh easily with 99% of the unixy tools out
there, so it almost could be considered "baggage".