System low on memory+swap shortage message

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sun Aug 16 17:09:27 PDT 2015

There are numerous possibilities.  For example, tmpfs use.  You could check
if the wired page count has become excessive (could be an indication of a
leak).  There was a bug fix made in master related to a memory leak from
locked memory that was fixed on July 12 (a51ba7a69d2c5084f2 in master), you
could try cherry-picking that one into your local tree and see if it helps.

You'll need to do some more investigation.  The most likely possibility is
tmpfs use.  The wired memory leak is a possibility too but depends on the
system workload.

-Matt