Next release items

Markus Pfeiffer markus.pfeiffer at morphism.de
Tue Oct 21 02:26:24 PDT 2014

Hi Justin,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 07:42:25PM -0400, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Here's my mental list of things-before-the-next-release:
>
> - OpenSSH update (to 6.5)
> - OpenSSL update (version J)
> - ftigeot's drm1 cleanout
> - Testing of Matt's /dev/upmap, /dev/kpmap changes
>
> Anyone want to volunteer to get the Open* material in?  The testing on the last
> one is for anyone using -master; Postgres may be a good testcase.

I would quite like to get my if_lagg work finished. It sort of works in
current -master, but I rewrote large parts of it to use the if_serializer
instead of lockmgr locks. I also found a bug in the ipv6 stack in the process
the fix to which I'd like to commit as well (it's in the detach path of inet6,
so should not really affect many people, but I'd like to test it a bit as
well).
I should be able to get this committed by Sunday evening (BST) or maybe
Saturday evening if it's urgent.

Markus