IPFW2 status update

bycn82 bycn82 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 05:22:03 PST 2014

*Hi All,*

*As mentioned in my previous email, I was working on rewriting the ipfw
firewall recently. Now below 2 things has been done.*

*1. In-kernel NAT ported from FreeBSD.*
*2. Separate the logic into different module.*

*Please guide me on how to submit the code to Dragonfly. Also please share
information with me on below direction. that is on my plan.*

*1. Multi-routing table (FIB in FreeBSD)*
*2. Policy routing.*
*3. Sample or a generic framework of L7 filter module. (Maybe its better to
keep stay in user-land because DPI will cause lots of resources).*

*Regards,*
*Bill Yuan*