[GSOC] Implement hardware nested page table support for vkernels

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Fri Sep 20 21:53:18 PDT 2013

On 09/20/13 12:36, Mihai Carabas wrote:> This was my last report from GSoC project. Soon, Matt will merge my work into the master tree. Any bugs you would find you can reply here, e-mail me directly or speak on the IRC channel.

 > I want to thank Venkatesh and Matthew for guiding me through this project. Was a little hard, but great project (AlexH proposal - thanks him for guiding me to choose this one:) ).
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Mihai

Nice!

10% is nothing to sneeze at, especially considering the required work,
and the ample room to improve on that you mention.

I wonder how much of the speedup has to do with CPU cache
effects, and if the newer/beefier CPU's mask this - it might
be interesting to test parallel throughput / more contention
for the native processor as well to see how the new pagetables
affect this aspect of performance.

Great work!

Cheers,

- Chris