System V IPC in userspace week13 report

Grigore Larisa larisagrigore at
Mon Sep 16 07:12:47 PDT 2013

Hi all,

This week I have integrated my implementation with postgresql and I have
doing performances testing with pqbench. The results are comparable with
the kernel implementation. I had a bug in my mutex implementation because I
thought using lwp_gettid will return an id unique in the system.

Now I am trying to find ways to gain more performance. In my implementation
I was using only mutexes and in semaphores case I am using only one mutex
per group. I've implemented rwlocks and I want to see what is the
performance with them and a mutex per semaphore.

This week I will gather all results and do a final refactoring.