Looking for mentoring.

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 06:59:38 PDT 2013

Hi,
I had been using DragonFlyBSD since release 1.8, some times more, sometimes
less...
I joined the list in 2007 and I did some testing for cards at some point.
If you check, you can even see me listed as contributor in the website :).

Since 2009, I started a blog where I put Spanish version of some news about
DragonFlyBSD, also I had been promoting it in some conferences, showing
hammer and some other nice features around.
Today, I checked the stats of my blog (which I already suspected was not
really making any difference) and noticed it has like 5 hits per entry,
considering I get to filter spam, there is a big chance nobody is reading
it, or maybe 2 people in the whole world (one being my wife)...
So, I was thinking in kill it and try to contribute some time in something
more useful for the project.

As you may notice at this point, English is not my primary language... So
documentation stuff in English may not be the best thing to do for me, but
I can help in some other areas.
I think I have a few useful skills for the community, just need some
guidance.
Just to list a few, I code some c++, php, objective-c, smalltalk, assembly
x86. I had worked in industry doing development for 10 years, I was
sysadmin for some time also. I got a degree in CS and I'm in second year
for a phd in discrete events simulation theory.

So, I want to figure out what would be the best way to help the project and
if someone is able to give me some pointers until I get in track.
Also, if someone is living in southeast France and want to talk about it
with some beers, I'm up for that too :)

Eager to help,
Damian Vicino

--