KML Port

Muhammad Nuzaihan muhammad at taqisystems.com
Sat Nov 9 08:36:52 PST 2013

Hi,

I think it's best to put this email on low priority with the pending
release of 3.6.

I am beginning to port KML (Kernel Mode Linux) for DragonFlyBSD as i am
trying to achieve something similar to "osv.io" in Java. (which i hope
could be improved after porting the code without violating the GPL license)

KML is a GPLv2 licensed code, however, some similarities that i need to
reuse is the same low level assembly code in the patches at:
http://www.yl.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tosh/kml/ which could not be avoided.

 From what i have read, the difference in performance may not be as
substantial - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6516 but i am hoping
for some benefits on improvising to "somewhat" similar to osv.io without
compromising the original benefits on DragonflyBSD.

Thanks and regards,
Muhammad Nuzaihan