Selection of roadmap for i386 platform End-of-Life (EOL)

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Wed May 1 12:27:17 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 09:01:57PM +0200, Just a Normal Person wrote:
> Unluckily this reply was what I expected and it doesn't really address
> anything in my opinion.
> I am sorry, though, as I quite liked DragonFly back in the day and I
> feel decisions as short-sighted as these seriously harm the project.
> Anyway, good luck to the people in charge of this project - it's too
> evident they really need it.

I think it's time to clarify a few things.

- No decision has been made to kill i386

- There are no people "in charge" of this kind of decision; as long as
  there are volonteers willing to make sure DragonFly runs on 32-bit
  machines and build ISO images, new i386 releases will keep coming.

I can see the i386 architecture receiving less and less attention as time
goes by and its number of users dwindle but there's no reason to kill it
prematurely.

--
Francois Tigeot