[GSOC] capsicum week2 report

Joris GIOVANNANGELI joris at giovannangeli.fr
Mon Jul 1 12:08:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

this week, i've implemented the process descriptor API from FreeBSD.
There is still some testing to be done, since i've not been able to
build the libc, and i need to rebase my work. I have patched to
implement stats, and kqfilter for the process descriptor type, but i've
yet to clean them up. The main patch can be found on my github repo :
[1].  This is a stripped version which build without my others capsicum
patches, but you can still notice some capsicum code in the API, and
constant in the header. I initially planned to port the FreeBSD  code to
dragonfly, but I honestly don't understand their code. Which seems
overcomplicated to me. I ended up rewritting everything from scratch.
I've start a port of their unit-test to the dragonfly test framework,
which will help me to test the compatibility of the semantic. Any
comment welcome !

Thanks, Joris.

[1] :
https://github.com/jorisgio/DragonFlyBSD/commit/9ec8ed6d31e055b2dccd9683a0c6c8799b718a76