[GSoC] HAMMER2 block compression feature

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 23 19:51:17 PDT 2013

:Am 23.04.2013 21:14, schrieb Daniel Flores:
:> Hello.
:>
:> My name is Daniel Flores and I’m a student from Spain. I study in
:> Barcelona School of Informatics, which is a faculty of Polytechnic
:> University of Catalonia, and it’s my last year before I graduate.
:>
:> [...]
:
:Hi Daniel,
:
:Very interesting proposal! I think Matthew can answer best your
:questions about HAMMER2 and if it is "mature" enough to get started with
:block-level compression.
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

    Definitely mature enough once I stabilize the current ripup I'm doing
    Note that the hammers codebase in the DFly git repo is not currently
    compileable, but it will be cleaned up and working again by the end
    of this month.

    In anycase, the proposal looks decent to me.  I can answer any
    hammer2-specific questions.

    (Also note that several people are interested in doing Hammer2
    related projects).

					<dillon at backplane.com>