DragonFly 3.4 release planning

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Apr 16 08:03:57 PDT 2013

On 4/16/2013 16:47, Justin Sherrill wrote:

> I think this is already covered; 3.4 pulls the pkgsrc-2013Q1 branch
> now with /usr/Makefile
>
> http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/blobdiff/486ae76a135ac308aedf7a1b8841aa8ea16bd08e..DragonFly_RELEASE_3_4:/etc/Makefile.usr

Okay, I see that, but it appears to me that the quarterly now replaces
"master".  I think it's better to establish both the master and quarter
branch, but have the quarter branch switched on by default.  It's not
"fatal" how it is now, but I've seen new users who would benefit from
having these two branches already in the system.

> Yes, I'll work at it - I'm just having trouble keeping up, and
> delaying the release didn't seem worth it when I often end up telling
> people to switch back to pkgsrc building from src, anyway.

I agree it's they aren't worth a delay.  I was just clarifying that they
would (eventually) be built, and it would follow release in a couple of
weeks or so.  This also helps people on earlier releases that don't have
the option of dports.