GSoC 2013

Jerome Portal jerome.portal.2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 03:22:46 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm a computer science student at University of Strasbourg (France), and I
would like to work with you for GSoC 2013 ; so I read the GSoC project list
and the projects page, and found three interesting ones :

- Port pf firewall changes from FreeBSD
    => because I like networking stuff
- Port valgrind to DragonFlyBSD
    => seems very interesting, but I'm not sure to be good enough for now
as I didn't play with assembly language since a long time, and low-level
DragonFlyBSD internals are new for me
- Port BSD-licensed tools (ex: grep, diff and sort)
    => there is a GCI tag, but maybe is it possible for GSoC too ?

To get started I also installed DragonFlyBSD in VirtualBox and navigated
through the bugtracker to see if I can do something useful : I created a
patch for bug #2136 (http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2136), but I'm not
sure how to submit it. There is a submit@ list (I thought about sending a
mail and join the patch), but when I read archives I saw all was done via
the bugtracker. Should I create an account and then answer in the bug #2136
topic with my patch attached to it ? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jerome