ALSA drivers

Andrey N. Oktyabrski ano at bestmx.ru
Wed Oct 10 11:00:58 PDT 2012

Good day.

Theoretical question: is it possible to use ALSA sound drivers with
DragonFly kernel? There is tons of well drivers for excellent sound
cards (e.g. CardBus Echo Indigo and Audigy2 ZS Notebook, USB with Tenor
chipset, ...). So I must use Linux if I want to listen Hi-Res music (for
example 24bit/96KHz vinyl rip) on my laptop.

I have tried to use Audigy. In 3.0 it produces extremely loud BEEP only.
3.1 hangs when I insert this card or load snd_emu10k1.

I have tried JAVS UHF nanoS USB DAC. It works, sounds good, but about a
10 minutes only. After that I must reboot because snd_uaudio does not
produce any sound.