I/O scheduler Project

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Sun Oct 21 12:34:01 PDT 2012

On 10/21/12 09:42, Sandip Jadhav wrote:

>   I am thinking of working on I/O scheduler project which ismentioned
 >   on dragonfly's project page.

Probably the best references are the following manual pages + source code:

   dsched(4), dsched(9), dsched_bfq(4)

Main kernel files are in 'sys/kern/dsched'.

There is a good post on the bfq scheduler here:

There is also a 'fq' scheduler, but it does not have a manual page.
A good intro 'project' to get up to speed would maybe be to review
this scheduler and write a manual page documenting it - there were also
some kernel posts to dig up from when it was being added as well.

Speaking of - survey time!

Who's using I/O schedulers currently & with what settings??

I had turned off my fq config at some time previously in a failed/misguided
attempt to isolate some stability problems and haven't got back around to

- Chris