[GSOC] Add SMT/HT awareness to DragonFlyBSD scheduler

Mihai Carabas mihai.carabas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:58:10 PDT 2012

--e89a8f2353211b8c4a04bc7c19e1

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > My name is Mihai Carabas and I am a first year student at a master
> program
> > from Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania, Computer Science and
> > Engineering Department. After browsing through all the projects, I've
> notice
> > the "Add SMT/HT awareness to DragonFlyBSD scheduler" project on GSOC page
> > and I would be really happy to work on it.
>
> This is a nicely detailed email.  I don't necessarily have any useful
> comments on the work itself, but I'd like to see a week-by-week
> breakdown in your actual proposal.  Having something concrete to work
> with by the midterm is essential.

I have almost finished the proposal. As soon as I post it, I will put a
reply here. I have e-mailed Alex H, which is the contact of the project, a
draft of the proposal and some code from kernel programming projects I
worked on (Unfortunately I can't make them public because the current
students from bachelor have similar projects and there will be a very big
source of inspiration/copy for them).

> If you have any code you've contributed to other projects or that you
> can post publically, please link to that in your proposal too.

The only code I contributed is for L4 (the research program has a closed
code development) and the personal projects I made. I know that haven't
worked on open projects is a big minus, but hopefully this will be a
kickstart in the open-source world.

Thanks,
Mihai

--e89a8f2353211b8c4a04bc7c19e1

=3D"im">On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Justin Sherrill <span dir=3D"ltr"=
><<a href=3D"mailto:justin at shiningsilence.com" target=3D"_blank">justin@=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ihai.carabas at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">mihai.carabas at gmail.com</a>> w=
rote:<br>
> Hello,<br>
> My name is Mihai Carabas and I am a first year student at a master pro=
gram<br>
> from Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania, Computer Science an=
d<br>
> Engineering Department. After browsing through all the projects, I&#39=
;ve notice<br>
> the "Add SMT/HT awareness to DragonFlyBSD scheduler" project=
 on GSOC page<br>
> and I would be really happy to work on it.<br>
useful<br>
comments on the work itself, but I'd like to see a week-by-week<br>
breakdown in your actual proposal. =A0Having something concrete to work<br>
I have almost finished the proposal. As soon as I post it, I will put a rep=
ly here. I have e-mailed Alex H, which is the contact of the project, a dra=
ft of the proposal and some code from kernel programming projects I worked =
on (Unfortunately I can't make them public because the current students=
 from bachelor have similar projects and there will be a very big source of=
 inspiration/copy for them).</div>
;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
If you have any code you've contributed to other projects or that you<b=
r>
can post publically, please link to that in your proposal too.<br>
h program has a closed code development) and the personal projects I made. =
I know that haven't worked on open projects is a big minus, but hopeful=
ly this will be a kickstart in the open-source world.<div>

--e89a8f2353211b8c4a04bc7c19e1--