No subject

Unknown Unknown
Fri Mar 30 13:58:40 PDT 2012

I am looking at the use case of the virtioSCSI driver and learning about
the SCSI specification. I want to find out whether this will be a useful
support for DragonflyBSD, and will be accepted as a project for GSoC.
Please help me here.

Since I am new to the DragonflyBSD kernel, I will take some time to clearly
understand the driver framework. My experience on Linux is going to help me
here. I want to find out the level of detail in design that is expected
from the student as a part of the project proposal.

Regards,
Supriti

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Pratyush Kshirsagar <
pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think here is what the previous student Stephanie's work is :
>
> http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2011-dragonfly-bsd/downloads/detail?name=Stephanie_Ouillon.tar.gz&can=2&q=#makechanges
>
> You can get the code and can go through the README, which is very well
> written.
> I think the network driver had some problems with queuing the data but you
> can get more info once you go through it. I am not very sure but it should
> be working to some extent.
>
> Pratyush Kshirsagar.
>

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Supriti Singh <supritisingh08 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am doing my Masters in Computer Science at Saarland University,
>> Germany. I am interested in project " Implement virtio drivers on DragonFly
>> to speedup DragonFly as a KVM guest".
>> In past, as part of my bachelors thesis, I have worked extensively on
>> virtio. My bachelors thesis was "Virtio based Transcendent Memory".
>>
>> I have few doubts regarding the project. As this project was part of GSoC
>> 2011 , I would like to know what work has been already been done for
>> implementation of driver for network and what is expected now? I searched
>> for it but I am not clear about what work is remaining for Virtio Network
>> Driver.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Supriti Singh

--0015175caebeff59f204bc7c0c0f

ed virtioSCSI drivers for DragonflyBSD. The virtioNet driver also has some =
bugs which need to be resolved. Is there anything else to be done on the vi=
rtio front?</div>
CSI driver and learning about the SCSI specification. I want to find out wh=
ether this will be a useful support for DragonflyBSD, and will be accepted =
as a project for GSoC. Please help me here.</div>
I will take some time to clearly understand the driver framework. My experi=
ence on Linux is going to help me here. I want to find out the level of det=
ail in design that is expected from the student as a part of the project pr=
oposal.</div>
ratyush Kshirsagar <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:pratyush.kshirsa=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I think here is what the previous student St=
ephanie's work is :<br><a href=3D"http://code.google.com/p/google-summe=
r-of-code-2011-dragonfly-bsd/downloads/detail?name=3DStephanie_Ouillon.tar.=
gz&can=3D2&q=3D#makechanges" target=3D"_blank">http://code.google.c=
om/p/google-summer-of-code-2011-dragonfly-bsd/downloads/detail?name=3DSteph=
anie_Ouillon.tar.gz&can=3D2&q=3D#makechanges</a><br>

written.<br>I think the network driver had some problems with queuing the d=
ata but you can get more info once you go through it. I am not very sure bu=
t it should be working to some extent.<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D=
"#888888"><br>

riti Singh <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:supritisingh08 at gmail.com=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ience at Saarland University, Germany. I am interested in project " Im=
plement virtio drivers on DragonFly to speedup DragonFly as a KVM guest&quo=
t;.=A0</div>

=A0on virtio. My bachelors thesis was "Virtio based Transcendent Memor=
As this project was part of GSoC 2011 , I would like to know what work has =
been already been done for implementation of driver for network and what is=
 expected now? I searched for it but I am not clear about what work is rema=
ining for Virtio Network Driver.</div>

--0015175caebeff59f204bc7c0c0f--