[Gsoc 2012]

Alex Hornung alexh at dragonflybsd.org
Wed Mar 21 09:43:04 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 21/03/12 15:39, Dong ZHu wrote:
>    I am eager to participate the Gsoc 2012 and I am interested in
> this idea http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsocprojectspage/
> "Add SMT/HT awareness to our scheduler",How can I join it ,and Could
> please give some suggestions ?

the idea itself contains all the information you need to get started -
it has the name of the file that contains the currently used scheduler,
as well as some ideas of what features are missing.

Using that as a starting point you should be able to come up with a
better idea of what exactly needs to be done (after understanding the
current code) and hence write a good proposal.

Take into account that the idea is just that, an idea. Feel free to
elaborate on it when writing your proposal.

I would also suggest that, as a potential gsoc student, you get involved
in the DragonFly community and ideally even submit a patch or two.

Cheers,
Alex