[GSoC] 32 bit api status

Ivan S. Freitas ivansichfreitas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 23:41:39 PDT 2012

Sorry for the late response, but I had some issues with my notebook.

> could you please elaborate a bit more on your progress? What works?
> What doesn't? Which syscalls are still broken? Which ones have been
> ported? Do you have some spreadsheet or something like that with that
> information?

I've translated (but not tested) kevent, pselect, select, sigaltstack,
gettimeofday and getrusage, plus about a dozen helper functions. The
helpers themselves took more work than the syscalls, also the overall
structure needed a lot of work to be functional (at least partially).
So far it isn't possible to run a complete application using this
layer yet.

> What are your plans for the next 1 or 2 weeks?

My classes are starting again this week, so I may be only available at
night. I don't think it will be possible to run a complete in the end
(I'm aware that is not enough to pass in the final evaluation), so
I'll focus on creating an program to test the already translated
syscalls. I will stay and finish this even after GSoC ends, I just
think that I bit off more than I could chew.

--
Ivan Sichmann Freitas
GNU/Linux user #509059