[GSoC] inotify and fs indexing service status

Vishesh Yadav vishesh3y at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:31:48 PDT 2012

--f46d0401696393fbe404c60dc229

Hello,

This week I worked on idr library and it now seems ready to work and is
Linux compatible (except idr_pre_get() which takes one less argument than
and the return codes.).

Vishesh

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Vishesh Yadav <vishesh3y at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This week I worked on finding and fixing few pending issues, and worked
> on IN_MOVED_TO/IN_MOVED_FROM flags. I'm currertly working on binding
> these two together using cookie parament in inotify_event which I'm
> hoping should be completed by today or tomorrow.
>
> Vishesh
>
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 08:32:00AM +0530, Vishesh Yadav wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:32:00 +0530
> > From: Vishesh Yadav <vishesh3y at gmail.com>
> > To: kernel at crater.dragonflybsd.org
> > Subject: Re: [GSoC] inotify and fs indexing service status
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > This week I completed work on IN_CREATE and did some testing on inotify
> > and found few bugs. IN_CREATE created some new bugs too on which I'm
> > currently working on.
> >
> > Vishesh
> >
> > On 07/08/2012 09:41 PM, Vishesh Yadav wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This week I worked on NOTE_CREATE and IN_MOVED_* flags. These flags
> > > required some workaround as their behavior required a little more
> > > information than what is offered by kevent. There were few more
> problems
> > > with this including the merging of events in kqueue for which I'm
> trying to
> > > find a viable solution.
> > >
> > > Vishesh

> code of
> library
> out. Will
> which I'm
> cookie

> Hammer

> working.

> exposed
> the

> NOTE_CLOSE
> watch

> be

> vishesh3y at gmail.com>

> separate
> working

> browse

> now.

> --
>         -Vishesh

--f46d0401696393fbe404c60dc229

Hello,<br><br>This week I worked on idr library and it now seems ready to w=
ork and is Linux compatible (except idr_pre_get() which takes one less argu=
_quote">
On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Vishesh Yadav <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 =
0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello,<br>
This week I worked on finding and fixing few pending issues, and worked<br>
on IN_MOVED_TO/IN_MOVED_FROM flags. I'm currertly working on binding<br=

these two together using cookie parament in inotify_event which I'm<br>
hoping should be completed by today or tomorrow.<br>
Vishesh<br>
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 08:32:00AM +0530, Vishesh Yadav wrote:<br>
lto:vishesh3y at gmail.com">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br>
> >> Hello,<br>
> >> I wasn't able to put much work on code last week. Did som=
e work on man<br>
> >> pages.<br>
> >> Vishesh<br>
> >> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Vishesh Yadav <<a href=
=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.com">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>>wrote:<br>
 Rest tested<br>
f=3D"mailto:vishesh3y at gmail.com">vishesh3y at gmail.com</a>>wrote:<br>
 NOTE_ACCESS,<br>