3.0 release planning

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Jan 20 17:43:19 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> For the 2.12 release there was maintained a "must-fix" buglist.  Did we have
> this for the 3.0 release?

There isn't a separate one for 3.0, but that's in part because 2.12
sorta morphed into 3.0, and the 2.12 one was cleared.

> I don't think bug 2279 is fixed yet.  I would think that would hold up the
> release? There might be more.  We should review the bug list before tagging,
> IMO.

YONETANI Tomokazu has a fix for it.  I think Matt did some cleanup of
the build files to make it go faster - this may be related?  I'm
guessing.

My goal was to tag so that anyone who wanted to put stuff in could,
without risk of destabilizing the release, and then bug fixes could be
applied back to that tag.  That way we have something to work on while
the packages build.