ath(4) failing with ath_reset for AR9285

ssgriffonuser ssgriffonuser at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 00:31:17 PST 2012

I just installed DFBSD on my EEE netbook and the ath driver seems to be
failing after wpa_supplicant is run.  The connection is established but
the message "ath_reset" is also printed.  After that message is printed,
dhclient wlan0 cannot connect to the dhcp server.

I had a similar problem when I installed FreeBSD 8.2 on the same
netbook.  However, Adrian Chadd had already fixed the problem in -HEAD
so I was able to update the driver and everything worked fine.

I'm fairly certain that these problems were one in the same but if
somebody else has any ideas I'm all ears.

If Adrian is listening on this list, do you remember what that problem
was?  If so, is it something that I can fix or do I need to know the
inner workings of the ath card that are hidden behind an NDA?

Thanks