3.0 release planning

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Jan 16 17:34:35 PST 2012

I have 2011Q4 pkgsrc packages building on a system set to recent
master, for i386 and x86_64.  They're about halfway along (~6000/12000
packages in pkgsrc) and will be uploaded to 3.0 directories on avalon.

I'll tag 3.0 in the next day or so.  Any fixes should go in that tag,
and crazy shit goes in master.  If you have something you wanted to
fix for the release, please put it in soon.  When the packages are
done and uploaded, 3.0 is officially released.

The packages will cause a warning for version mismatch, but they'll be
done sooner that way; I wanted to minimize the amount of time where
there's two tags to worry about.  I plan to immediately build a new
set of packages of 3.0 packages (making sure I have John Marino's
much-appreciated fixes in place) to round out anything I missed.

My guestimate is that I'll tag tomorrow, and release in roughly a week.

Tell me if this plan doesn't work for you.