3.0.3 and 3.2 releasing

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Aug 24 09:02:11 PDT 2012

--f46d042d05b44fbfc404c8051957

The 3.0.3 tag was done to get the existing fixes out there.  I'm sure there
will be more bug fixing, but that will continue in some capacity all the
way to the 3.2 release.  Or at least I hope it will!

Anyway, if there are more bugfixes that need to get out there before the
release, 3.0.4 can be tagged.
On Aug 24, 2012 10:07 AM, "John Marino" <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> On 8/24/2012 15:50, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>

>> Can we please leave this "show stopping" to our major releases instead
>> of bickering over the minor ones?
>>
>> That said, I do understand your general point, of course. I just
>> disagree that it applies to minor releases, too. Maybe we should stop
>> calling it "releasing". How about "updating the release ISO with some
>> fixes"? :)
>>
>> Sascha
>>

> My point is that it was tagged in the middle of active bug fixing that
> applies to 3.0.x series.  Why not wait until the bug fixing is over? We're
> talking about a day or two.  Again, I see no point in releasing (updating)
> damaged goods with the known fix at hand.
>
> John

--f46d042d05b44fbfc404c8051957

ure there will be more bug fixing, but that will continue in some capacity =
all the way to the 3.2 release.=A0 Or at least I hope it will!</p>
 release, 3.0.4 can be tagged.</p>
; <<a href=3D"mailto:dragonflybsd at marino.st">dragonflybsd at marino.st</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
On 8/24/2012 15:50, Sascha Wildner wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Can we please leave this "show stopping" to our major releases in=
stead<br>
of bickering over the minor ones?<br>
That said, I do understand your general point, of course. I just<br>
disagree that it applies to minor releases, too. Maybe we should stop<br>
calling it "releasing". How about "updating the release ISO =
with some<br>
fixes"? :)<br>
Sascha<br>
My point is that it was tagged in the middle of active bug fixing that appl=
ies to 3.0.x series. =A0Why not wait until the bug fixing is over? We'r=
e talking about a day or two. =A0Again, I see no point in releasing (updati=
ng) damaged goods with the known fix at hand.<br>

John<br>

--f46d042d05b44fbfc404c8051957--