Release 2.12 - 3.0

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Oct 19 18:12:24 PDT 2011

Lemme clarify.  We don't release until we know it's stable, but we make sure there's images available of DragonFly with the new code to point people at when they say "I want to test" or "hey I can't get 2.10 working on this hardware".  That seems to be what people are mostly working towards anyway.
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:42 AM,  <elekktretterr at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Having a nifty new software version with potential bugs is not unique to
> our
> software project.  Let's do what other projects do: say "Here's the new
> version.  It's in beta.  It has a lot of new features, but may have new
> bugs.  Please test".  That way we're not releasing with a known nasty bug,
> but we're not shutting off access to an already wildly improved next
> release.

What would be point of that? Do we absolutely have to do a release? Just
wait a month to test Matt's new code and release it then. It's either a
RELEASE or it's BETA. It's not the worst thing to happen to a project to
have to delay a release because of a known bug.