Google Code-In: interested?

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Oct 19 18:22:49 PDT 2011

Google is holding their Code-In again, and we can apply to participate.  (Deadline Nov. 1st.)Google Code-In is a program for 13-to-17-year-old students to take on smaller tasks for Open Source projects.  It's like Google Summer of Code, but scaled down for the age range.
http://code.google.com/gciBefore I apply for this, I want to check: who wants to participate?  Participation is a bit easier than in Summer of Code - the tasks are smaller, and you aren't mentoring a specific student.  Just coming up with ideas is helpful.
I just want to know who is interested; it's not an ironclad guarantee you must participate.