PostgreSQL benchmarks (now with Linux numbers)

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Nov 24 08:49:00 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 03:31:17PM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:37:06PM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> >
> > I have been running PostgreSQL benchmarks for the last few days.
> >
> > The server machine was a dual-Xeon system, with 12 cores, 24 hardware threads
> > and 96GB of memory.
>
> Due to popular requests, I have updated the results on page 2 with
> Postgres-9.1.1 on Linux numbers.

I've also added OpenIndiana results.

With the default configuration, it scales the fastest and outperforms all
the other operating systems until 48 clients, where it slows down and gets
to the second place.

Like with Linux, I've encountered complete freezes of the system only a
hard reboot could fix.

--
Francois Tigeot
Pg-benchmarks.pdf