usbdevs

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Tue May 17 01:16:41 PDT 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 09:59:00 +0200, Chris Turner
<c.turner at 199technologies.com> wrote:

Hello all -

I've mostly ported over the 'u3g(4)' modem driver from FreeBSD (enough
to send this email woohoo) -
however, currently I have only hacked in the USB device ID for my
particular gizmo* - reviewing this
driver and other misc. usb stuff it does look like FreeBSD has sprouted
a 'usbdevs' infrastructure
a-la 'pcidevs' which we don't have -

As I'll either need to un-usbdevs the various device ID's, or add such
an infrastructure to add
the remaining devices to the u3g driver, wondering what peoples takes
are about adding this setup
so that various usb gizmos can be moved over to it in the future - seems
like a good idea to me.

After that - time to upgrade my plan to unlimited data :D

Thoughts welcome

Cheers,

- Chris

*gizmo:

HUAWEI Mobile(0x1414), HUAWEI Technology(0x12d1), rev 0.00 - marketed in
the US as the 'T-Mobile WebConnect'
in case anyone is wondering

Chris,

we've been un-usbdev'd since 3 1/2 years, see 99210bc.

Use the USB_DEVICE() macro in the driver (see other USB drivers).

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx