booting with usb keyboard hangs system

Babu Chaliyath babu.chaliyath at gmail.com
Thu May 12 00:23:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 09:00:11 +0200, Babu Chaliyath
> <babu.chaliyath at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ooops sorry for the goof up with SMP, yes its my mistake as I was
>> selecting wrong option I did try to boot with smp but no use, Did a
>> verbose booting with your suggested option set in the boot loader set
>> hint.ehci.0.disabled="1"  but I am still stuck at the same issue of
>> usb keyboard going dead with following last lines of the verbose boot
>> process when booting from CD
>>
>> atkbdc0.isa0.isab0.pci0.pcib0.acpi0.nexus0.root0
>> atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> [tentative] at port 0x60, 0x64 on
>> isa0
>> atkbd0.atkbdc0.isa0.isab0.pci0.pcib0.acpi0.nexus0.root0
>> atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> [tentative] flags 0x1 irq 1 on atkbdc0
>>
>> Tried changing usb ports but no luck
>>
>> Babu
>
> OK, try instead setting hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration to 1 from the loader
> prompt:
>
> hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration=1
>
> Sascha
>
> --
> http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

Setting up hw.usb.hack_defer_exploration=1 on loader prompt too didnt help,
 I am trying to grab the latest build and see if thats able to get
this damn keyboard working :)

Thank you so much for your kind help Sascha, wish me good luck as this
gona be the break or make TRY for me else I am going back to my
trusted FreeBSD

Regards
Babu