Fwd: Re: Working on importing the Puffs library

shivanth fordearlinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 05:32:53 PDT 2011

    -------- Original Message --------
      cellspacing="0">

          Re: Working on importing the Puffs library

          Date:
          Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:57:08 +0530

          From:
          shivanth <fordearlinux at gmail.com>

          To:
          Pratyush Kshirsagar <pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com>

    On 3/5/2011 3:31 AM, Pratyush Kshirsagar wrote:
      cite=""
      type="cite">
      Ok, here is the gitorious repo link.
      I tried to add some code for puffs from the FreeBSD.
      The make file wont work you need to make a minor change.
      You can send me your gitorious id, so that I can add you to
        the project and you can fetch the files.

      Thank You,
      Pratyush Kshirsagar.

      On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Pratyush
        Kshirsagar <<a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="mailto:pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com">pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com>
        wrote:
          margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"
          class="gmail_quote">I think Sandip Jadhav is working on this
          one. So, better if we ask him otherwise two guys can end up
          with the same project.

              On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM,
                Justin C. Sherrill <<a
                    moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:justin at shiningsilence.com"
                    target="_blank">justin at shiningsilence.com>
                wrote:
                  204); margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"
                  class="gmail_quote">

                    On Fri, March 4, 2011 5:31 am, shivanth m p
                      wrote:
                      > I would like to work on importing the Puffs
                      framework into dragonfly bsd
                      > as
                      > a part of the gsoc event . Any help on where
                      i should start ? I'm working
                      > on
                      > the draft of my proposal already . I saw a
                      post by Samuel J Greear on his
                      > past proposal which was really helpful. Did
                      anybody ever try to port puffs
                      > to dragonfly  ? If so then that would give me
                      a good starting point .

                  I don't have any good advice on where to start; the
                  NetBSD site does have
                  some documentation.  I don't think puffs has undergone
                  any significant
                  porting work for DragonFly (or any other system?) so
                  you get to be the
                  first.

                  It would be wonderful to have - I look forward to the
                  proposal.  We'll
                  know if DragonFly's in Summer of Code by the 18th.

    I've started to work on your puffs code . (Was on a small vacation
    until now ) .Now i find that for puffs framework the userspace
    communication is done by using a char device in putter . I think i
    should start porting it to DragonFly before i start out with puffs ?
    Or do you have any other ideas ?