A question on developing on vkernel.

Nohhyun Park parkx408 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:57:56 PDT 2011

Hello all.
I am new to kernel programming and I have some questions about setting
the the programming.
I have followed the instruction in the Handbook almost to the letter
except for the mount point.
(By the way the link
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/updating-makeworld.html
seems broken on the vkernel chapter of the handbook.
And the kernel executable path is "/var/vkernel/boot/kernel/kernel"
instead of "/var/vkernel/boot/kernel")

My questions is, do you typically;
1. work on the src code in /usr/src directly and build using
# cd /usr/src
# make -DNO_MODULES buildkernel KERNCONF=VKERNEL
# make -DNO_MODULES installkernel KERNCONF=VKERNEL DESTDIR=/var/vkernel
?

Or is there more elegant way to do this?

Thank you.
--
-Nohhyun