Changing pf to use kmalloc instead of zalloc

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Fri Jan 21 12:32:32 PST 2011

Sepherosa Ziehau schrieb:
If I understand the code correctly, you are setting the
pf_pool_limits[].pp to NULL in pfattach(), since you commented out the
ZONE_CREATE parts, well, all xxx_pl is by default NULL.  So the ioctl
actually hi the pf_pool_limits[].pp == NULL, and EINVAL is returned.
kmalloc also has its own limit, you could use kmalloc_raise_limit() to
configure it.
Thanks for the hint. I updated my branch and now everything seems to
work on a quick run on my test VM.

I would appreciate very much if someone could take an in-depth look
(Sam, Venkatesh ? :) ). It's still very dirty (need to remove the
objcache leftover etc), but I hope it's good enough to get some feedback.

tia

Jan