Function assist with iostat

Pratyush Kshirsagar pratyush.kshirsagar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 08:25:19 PST 2011

Hello,I am porting the iostat from FreeBSD.I have problem with the function devstat_compute_statistics()Here is how its used in FreeBSD ans I tried the compute_stats() in dragonfly but still need this equivalent to be correct
So, please give me the correct usage of compute_stats similar to devstat_compute_statistics in the FreeBSD, here it is:
        if (devstat_compute_statistics(&cur.dinfo->devices[di],
             &last.dinfo->devices[di], busy_seconds,
             DSM_KB_PER_TRANSFER, &kb_per_transfer,
             DSM_TRANSFERS_PER_SECOND, &transfers_per_second,
             DSM_MB_PER_SECOND, &mb_per_second, DSM_NONE) != 0)
                 errx(1, "%s", devstat_errbuf);Also, is it OK if we call getnumdevs() without any arguments (its similar to freebsd devstat_getdevs()).
The FreeBSD uses:switch (devstat_getdevs(NULL, &cur)) {
         case -1:
                errx(1, "%s", devstat_errbuf);
                 break;
         case 1: