Summer of Code 2011 - who wants to mentor?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Feb 9 18:48:24 PST 2011

I'm working on another application for Google's Summer of Code.  Who wants
to work as a mentor this year?

For those who aren't familiar, it's 10 weeks of getting a student through
a project.  You get to pick which project(s) you are available to mentor,
though I wouldn't recommend mentoring more than one at a time.
Responsibilities are mostly getting the student to stay on track, and
helping them solve problems.

If you aren't interested in mentoring, we can use project ideas.  Add them
here:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsoc2011/

There's existing pages on the website from previous years:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/GoogleSoC2008/
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsoc2009/
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/gsoc2010/

We've had a lot of success with Summer of Code projects in the past, so
assuming we get in _again_, this year should work out well too.