DragonFly BSD Goals/Direction

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Thu Dec 1 22:42:56 PST 2011

This email is intended primarily for active DragonFly committers and
contributors.

I intend to bring the goals page on the DragonFly website up to date
like I did previously with several of the other prominent pages, so I
need to know what your goals are. Please provide me, either on or
off-list at least a brief summary of your near-term (current or next
release), medium-term (1-3 years) and long-term (3 years +) goals. If
you would go into agonizing detail that would be fantastic but
definitely not necessary, I will try to work with whatever you are
able to provide.

How exactly should we define a goal? I would say a goal is definitely
something that you are or have concrete plans to work on. A goal is
also definitely something that you would sponsor someone else to work
on. A few pie in the sky ideas are always good too, but please be sure
to stipulate which things you just feel strongly about and those you
actually intend to have a hand in.

Thanks in advance,
Sam