GSOC: LVM Mirror

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Apr 28 11:21:09 PDT 2011

On 4/28/2011 8:37 AM, Adam Hoka wrote:
Hi!

Now that my project was selected for GSOC, I would like to introduce
myself.
I'm Adam Hoka, currently a NetBSD developer, but I am also intrested in
Dragonfly BSD. In NetBSD I work or worked on pkgsrc, i18n (multibyte support
in some of the core utils) and lately some ARM drivers and implementing
a flash/NAND subsystem. I also work with a team who develops a file system
for flash device support in NetBSD. I also have a long unused MirBSD
commit bit if that matters to anyone. :-)
My project is to design and implement a mirror target for LVM.
Basically, this is a generic RAID 1 implementation, which as far
as I know very desired by Dragonfly users. One of the strict goals
is to provide a reliable way to rebuild a de-synced RAID volume,
and provide as much as fault tolerancy as possible.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me!

Thank you very much, and I hope I can be a useful member of the
Dragonfly BSD community. Cheers!
Hi Adam,
Congratulations on getting your proposal accepted, and welcome to
DragonFly!  Good luck and success with this useful project this summer!

John