Thoughts on Quotas

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 06:58:46 PDT 2010

As of historical data, I'd rather like to see on-the-fly aging/releasing of the oldest PFS snapshots or better more fine grained structures (with some notifications to admins probably).Have no idea of how difficult is it to implement.
So, if a user tried to overwrite a 10Gig file 100 times in a row he will just loose the oldest versions of it, not a big deal for me./dennisOn Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Sdävtaker <sdavtaker at gmail.com> wrote:
I think historical data should not affect user quota since user is
unable to clean up his own historical data.
Historical data should be seen as administrative overhead, there is a
need to know some metric about the historical data so cleanup can be
automatized to avoid the scenario where users "got" space but it
doesnt exist phisically in the box.
Damian

--
http://dfbsd.trackbsd.org.ar